Search Sahaj A-Z


Audios in the Sahaja Library on soundcloud can be searched here.

10.3.08

The Mother in the Islamic Tradition

Paradise is at the feet of the Mother.

Allah, The Most High, is pleased when Fatimah is pleased.
He is angered, whenever Fatimah is angered!

(Two Hadith (Sayings) of the Prophet Mohammed)


On the face of the earth there is no one more beautiful than You.
Wherever I go I wear Your image in my heart.
Whenever I fall in a despondent mood I remember your image
And my spirit rises thousand fold.
Your advent is the blossom time of the universe.
O Mother you have showered Your choicest blessings upon me.
Also remember me on the Day of Judgement.
I don’t know if I will go to heaven or hell,
But wherever I go, please always abide in me.

(Unknown Sufi)


On Resurrection Day, the sun and moon are released from service:
and the eye beholds the Source of their radiance,
then it discerns the permanent possession from the loan,
and this passing caravan from the abiding home.
If for a while a wet nurse is needed,
Mother, return us to your breast.
I don’t want a nurse; my Mother is more fair.
I am like Moses whose nurse and Mother were the same.

(Jalal al-Din Rumi, Masnavi)

No comments: