Search Sahaj A-Z


Audios in the Sahaja Library on soundcloud can be searched here.

21.1.10

The Eternal Family

At a Sahaja yoga seminar a Sahaja yogi asked about his situation where his wife or family were not Sahaja Yogis. Shri Mataji answered:

I’m just the same… (applause) Now fourteen years have past it’s just the same and only thing you can do is to prove it. Prove it by your own behavior, by your own example. If they are honest they’ll accept it. If they are dishonest forget them. This so called family is temporary. This is the eternal family you have.
(1984-0506)

Jesus Christ as reported in Matthew. 12.46-50
"But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”

also in the Gospel of Thomas. 99
His disciples told him: Your brothers and your mother are standing outside.
Jesus responded:
These here who do the will of my Father are my brothers and my mother. These are the ones who will enter the Kingdom of my Father.

and in the Gospel of the Ebionites, Jesus is told that his mother and brothers are standing outside, to which he responded:
"Who is my mother and who are my brothers?"
And he stretched forward his hand towards his disciples and said:
"These are my brothers and my mother and my sisters who do the will of my Father."

1 comment:

Michael said...

most apt and timely

Jai Sri Mataji