Search Sahaj A-Z


Audios in the Sahaja Library on soundcloud can be searched here.

24.1.08

Mahatma Gandhi and children

"I was with Mahatma Gandhi also because he liked me very much as a child. So, I stayed on with him then I used to come back to study again, go back to him. He used to call me “Nepali” because my face is a Nepali face. And, he used to talk to me as if he is talking to his grandmother sometimes. [laughter] It was very sweet and he was a very sweet man – extremely sweet person to children. Very strict with himself and strict with others - elderly people - but with children he was very, very sweet and kind and would try to learn from children lot of things. It was surprising how he understood that there’s lot of wisdom with the children sometimes than with the older people who are mixed up."
(H.H.Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, Radio Interview, Santa Cruz, USA, 1/10/83)

click the button to learn more about M.K.Gandhi:
Gandhi

No comments: