Search Sahaj A-Z


Audios in the Sahaja Library on soundcloud can be searched here.

14.3.10

Nargol, 1970



I used to think, “Why are men doing such a drama and what has happened to them? Why are they doing all this nonsense?” But to whom was I to say all these things? I was all alone then.
At the time when I arrived here [Nargol, 1970], the only confusion that I had must be done. After coming here, when I saw this rakshasa was mesmerizing people, I realized then if at that time somehow the Sahastrara was not opened, then God knows where these people would ultimately be lead. Moreover, the spell of his influence could not be ignored and also what would have been the fate of his disciples, those who were trying to seek God and the truth?
Then I decided to stay the night at the seashore. I was all alone and felt very good. There was no one around to say a word. And then in meditation, I felt that the time had arrived when the Sahastrara must be opened. The moment I desired for the opening of the Sahastrara, what I noticed was that the Kundalini rose like a telescope within me, opening one stage after the other, travelling upward – khat, khat, khat. The colour of it was like the mixture of all the colours of these lamps put together, with which you have decorated. It was like the colour of molten red-hot iron.
Then I saw the external structure of the Kundalini that kept on rising up, creating sounds at each chakra. The Kundalini rose up to pierce the Brahmarandhra. Piercing mine was not a big deal, but then I thought it would now become easier in the world.
I felt at that moment whatever energy was there above suddenly entered within me like a cool breeze from every direction. It was then I realized that now there was no harm in starting the work. ...

The confusion was all over. Yet not being completely certain about the decision, I thought with all calmness that at last the time had come now. “At most what will happen? People will protest or beat Me up. At maximum, they will laugh or make fun or, beyond that, they are going to kill me.” But then there was nothing to fear. This ultimately had to be done. I had come on Earth for this purpose only, to awaken the collective consciousness in human beings. I thought, until people received their Self Realization or understood their own Self, this task would be impossible.
Whatever else one would have tried to do in this world would be of no use at all. That was the reason to begin with that I worked it out on an old lady who knew me well. When she received her Realization, then I was then satisfied. I said to myself, “Well, at least one has received her Realization.” By any means was it an easy task to give Realization in this Kali Yuga? But then when one of them received Realization, I felt many others could also get their Realization. And especially at the level of collective consciousness, it would be easier to give awareness. It was easy to give Realization to one person. It was in fact very easy to make a person aware. But to work it out on a collective level on the masses, it demanded more work.
So I had to work a bit more with my acquired experiences with the humans. As a matter of fact, I felt that when I had to stop, what would be the factors that would be required to consider for taking out the bad habits or individual problems or conditionings from human beings. Because one individual had one type of problem, another had a second type, while the third had yet another type. I thought if it had to be worked out on a collective level, then everyone should get the benefit with a single en-masse Realization. Everyone should be able to gain out of it. Now I cannot explain it to you here, but it is true that these types of workings had never been done before on a collective level.
I had achieved all these through meditation.

H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, extracts from Hindi talk at Diwali Puja 1995, Nargol, India.

with thanks to Divine Cool Breeze magazine

No comments: